GOAL: Achieve a Sustainability Engagement Score (SES) of 65
Baseline (2020): 50
2022 Score: 51
2030 Goal: 65
In collaboration with our partners in sustainability at Verdis Group, Millwork Commons evaluates sustainability engagement with a survey every other year. Results from this survey determine the neighborhood’s Sustainability Engagement Score (SES). There are 100 possible points and the survey measures sustainability engagement across the five dimensions:
- Awareness of sustainability: familiarity with sustainability and related concepts
- Awareness of efforts: familiarity with sustainability initiatives at Millwork Commons
- Behavioral frequency: how often respondents report participating in specific sustainable behaviors
- Perceived norms: how often respondents believe others participate in those same behaviors
- Knowledge: understanding of how to take sustainable actions
- To help tenants understand waste management best practices, Millwork Commons has a customized toolkit for tenants. Resources in the toolkit include tips on how to reduce waste at the source and how to set up effective waste collection stations.
- Monthly Millwork Commons newsletters and social media posts often include information about the neighborhood’s efforts to be more sustainable. Stay up to date on happenings in the neighborhood by signing up for our newsletter here. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter @millworkcommons and on LinkedIn.